Monday, December 15, 2008

A Tough Decision

Just like all Ravens-Steelers matchups, it was a chess match between Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh. The Ravens led throughout the game, until a Joe Flacco fumble, began the last minute drive for the Steelers.

On a crucial play, Roethlishberger bought as much time as he could, until he found Santonio Holmes on the goaline, pulling in the reception. But was he in? The ruling on the field was No Touchdown, but the booth reviewed the call. As the refs reviewed the play, viewers saw replays showed the ball never actually crossed the line, and was just too close to over turn. But this didn't bother the refs, who reversed the original call, and gave Pittsburgh the TD.

This was a heart breaking loss for the Ravens, but an even more angering loss. It is not a good decision to over turn a call that just seems to have no clear evidence, especially in a critical game like this. It just wasn't right what the refs did. No ref should ever decide an outcome.

1 comment:

Baltar said...

Hi.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this blog. I just found it today, but I think its great.

I am one of about seven Scottish men who enjoy American Football. I used to play and co-founded a team in my local area (football teams are few and far between in my part of the planet!), because of lack of numbers we used to play iron man football (not sure if that's a term we made up or if its universally understood) and due to lack of funding we used to play with no protection aside from gum shields (most of us were rugby players so had that at least!).

Your blog has rekindled in me an excitment for the sport - thank you -

Its on a different subject, but check out my blog some time..... You just might like it too.

www.writingmercenary.blogspot.com