Sunday, December 7, 2008

The BCS National Champs vs the NFL's worst team


The NFL may have it's first winless team since the '76 Buccaneers. The Lions may be the worst team to ever step on a football field. I watched them for the first time on Thanksgiving Day. I sat on my couch, smelling turkey cooking in the oven. I love watching football on Thanksgiving every year. The Lions and the Titans game made me realize how bad the Lions are. In a blink of an eye, the Titans had already put up 14 points. I couldn't watch Chris Johnson break 50 yard rushes anymore, I had to turn the game off.


We all know how the Lions are terrible, but I would like to know if they could beat a college team. I honestly think they wouldn't. So let's take the BCS champs from this year and match them up in a game against the Lions. If the Lions were too lose, the NFL commisioner should just banish them from the NFL. But let's not stop the tradition. I say every year after the Super Bowl, we hold a BCS Champs vs the NFL's worst game. We could alternate rules every year, switching between the NFL's rules and the college rules.


So instead of asking ourselves, " I wonder if the Lions could beat a college team." We could now know the truth of how bad the Lions really are.

1 comment:

Pam and Arno said...

they couldn't beat a high school team and haven't been able to in years. I've lived in Michigan all my life - until they get rid of Ford as an owner, they don't have a chance.